2012年8月27日 星期一

What's the Deal With Promise Rings?


As a connoisseur and someone who is fascinated by the many different forms of jewelry, I am always trying to keep up to date with all the current trends and I must say that I'm hearing more and more about promise rings as of late. Of course I've heard of them before, but they seem to be a trend on the upswing. Therefore, I must investigate further to find out -- what exactly is a promise ring?

The technical definition of a promise ring is, "a ring that is indicative of a promise made to oneself or another," and is not to be taken lightly. This type of ring may be given to a romantic partner to signify a serious commitment without actually getting married, or it is exchanged by lovers who eventually intend to get married. This may be because they are not currently able to do so due to age or circumstance. As custom goes, the female is given the promise ring from the male. Traditionally, students would use their class ring as a promise ring, although this is becoming decreasingly common.

Although it may seem that promise rings are just for significant others, this is not the case. They may also be exchanged between best friends to signify loyalty, or they can be given to oneself as a reminder of a personal promise. Basically, a promise ring is indicative of a vow to oneself or another.

Here is a list of some of the basic meanings:


"I will be faithful to you"
"I will return to you"
"I will keep you in my heart always"
"I intend to marry you one day"
"We are best friends"
"I will always be there for you"
"I love you"
"I will remain abstinent until we are married"
"I will not dishonor you nor myself"

Promise rings come in a wide variety of forms, including simple bands, gemstone promise rings, diamond promise rings, poesy rings, purity rings, sterling silver, white gold, stackable promise rings, Turkish promise rings, and yellow gold promise rings.




Alexandra is the Head of Marketing and Sales for Mademoiselle Jewelry - a company that was founded on the principal that jewelry is art. Mademoiselle Jewelry specializes in unique jewelry, sterling silver jewelry, and designer jewelry. Each piece of jewelry is hand selected for quality, uniqueness, and creativity. Mademoiselle Jewelry also carries jewelry lines specifically designed for men and children.





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言:

張貼留言